Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cheops had a sweet tooth

For those of you who don't have kids in school at the moment, the staple guide of healthy eating has changed somewhat, and I thought it best to let you know.

PK colored and brought this version home this week. I'm not sure if it's accurate or reflects modern nutritional thinking, but the top of the old pyramid looks about right to me.

I always thought that Hershey bars belonged at the very top of any balanced diet.
With almonds for me thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm...so now we're supposed to each a lot more bread and pasta? Hey, I'm all for that, but man, how's a person to keep all this straight if they keep changing their minds every 5 minutes?

By the way, do the schools in Oklahoma just sell nutricious things at lunch now?

Darren said...

I'm glad to see butter up there too.

OKDad said...

But nutritious do you mean with lots and lots of gravy?

I know the meals that my girls get at their schools are relatively well balanced. More so at PK's private Catholic school, than C's public school.

My Mom may disagree, but I think a fruit and a raw veggie are good enough for kids to gnaw on along with their square slice of cheese pizza, hamburger, corn dog, and grilled cheese sandwich.