Thursday, November 02, 2006

Savannah by Segway

Another stop my wife and I made during our recent anniversary trip was to the lovely town of Savannah.

The historic and characteristically southern people and environs of Savannah ooze confederate charm and splendor. From the city plan built around a series of park-like squares, to the row upon row and street upon street of architecturally awesome homes and buildings, the city itself is a feast for the touristy senses.

Everywhere you turn, visitors are walking among the dangling spanish moss, gazing upon yet another restored antebellum home, and reading in their booklet how it was somehow related to the massively popular novel, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

My wife and I took a more modern approach to touring the blocks upon blocks of century old cobblestone and brick pathways. We Segway'd.



My wife's idea. Really, it was. She was a Segway veteran due in part to some time spent at Disneyland one day.

We had such a ball on these rented, two-wheeled, gyroscoping, battery-propelled wonders, that the partaking of such may become a regular feature on our anniversary trips around our beautiful country.

Next year, Providence by Segway. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they fixed those Segways before you used them...all those recalls..

OKDad said...

Probably were. Who knows. Don't know. Don't care. I do know that I was born to ride and look forward to the next time I can giddy'up on another one.