Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Weather mood swings

Last night, as I layered up to take Franny out for her last relief stroll of the day, S commented that the overnight low for that night was going to be around 4 degrees.

She then stated with all the authority of the Weather Person (don't ever call her a Weathergirl...) she once was in a previous life, that tonight's low mercury reading would make for an entire 100+ degree variation in temperature in 4 months.

That's right. Four short months ago, we were sweltering in a heat spell that racked up 32 days of 100+ degree weather for Oklahoma's '06 summer season.

So ask me if I'm complaining about this little cold spell we've got going on here. Go ahead, ask me.
.
.
.
.

Put down your hearing horns and turn down your WonderEars(tm), because you won't hear a single peep out of me.

Cold I can deal with. Even this kind of cold.

At least there aren't any skeeters buzzing around and itching my non-deeted up legs.

We did get word last night that all the trees around my in-law's lake house in the eastern part of the state were down. As in frozen, cracked off and brought to the ground. What a mess.

Always the chipper one, my M-i-L simply stated, "at least we'll have a nice view of the lake for awhile."

These Okie's are hearty people.

Currently boning up on my WW2 history (sorta) by reading The Rising Tide A Novel of the Second World War by Jeff Shaara

No comments: