Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Animals are people too

Last night, while cruising Google Maps looking for info on the fires near my Pops town, I came across these two VERY Google post'em popups.

Two-legged animals need not apply. No soup for you!

Horses gotta eat...even homeless ones.

Just spoke with my StepMom who tells me that even if the evac order came down for their street, not to expect the old man to leave his home and hot rod without a fight.

I got him on the phone and told him what better way to die than trying to outrun a fire in his big-block deuce, gas pedal floored and head tucked in low wearing his leather Snoopy-helmet and goggles.

He laughed and said he'd think about it.

They report lots of ash, smoke so thick it's an effort to breathe, and a quiet stillness that pervades the little cul-de-sac where they live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard yesterday that with the calming of the Santa Ana winds and the reemergence of the onshore flow, the coastal towns have a much better chance of avoiding evacuation. Unfortunately, it also means that the fires will be blown toward areas that were bypassed earlier in the week. I hear Julian is in trouble yet again.

WendyDarling said...

We will keep praying for your family, and others in California.