Monday, November 13, 2006

Creamed by definition

When I as a kid, when someone was "creamed" it meant (among other things) that the clay wheels on their skateboard hit a pebble on the sidewalk and they took a face-rashing header onto the pavement (yes kiddies, I'm THAT old).

So you can imagine my excitement when I read this headline in our small town news rag using the word "creamed"...


...and my disappointment when I read that they used the word in a more literal sense.

No loss. I love the word "creamed" being used in any context.

BTW, for those who have been sorta following the Associate District Judge race in my small town from a few of my previous posts (Oct. 2006, June 2006), Judge Susie won by 695 votes.

I know that may not seem like much of a margin to win by, but when you take into consideration the name of this blog, 695 votes is a landslide.

Judge Susie creamed her opponent.
There, that's better.

No comments: