Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Those snappin' fingers

Yesterday I was sitting in a car with PK, my 3 1/2 year old, waiting in line to pick up C from school with a myriad of minvans, maxi trucks, and otherwordly human transport vehicles over 5000 lbs. GVW, when she asked me which finger makes the noise when you snap.

I brain-burped for a second, but remembered who I was and what I was doing on this planet, while formulating a reasonably sounding response that a 3 1/2 year old could grok.

I told her "both of them make the noise" with all the assurance and confidence that a male in his early 40's could and should muster.

Yet here I sit, late at night, examining my snappin' fingers in motion, wondering if in fact I was correct in my explanation.

Some mysteries were meant to remain mysteries.

Least I can tell her with unwavering aplomb that in my 12th year of life, it took me exactly 242 licks to get to the Tootsie roll center of a Tootsie pop.

3 comments:

Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

242? That's 239 too many. You must have done it wrong because a wise old owl once told me that it took "thrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee"

WarWagon said...

I completely grok!

OKDad said...

Boy, are we showing our age and demographic, or what?