Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Lake doins' Part 2

I caught a glimpse of C as a speed demon teenager while at the lake.

At 5 1/2, she is a seasoned seadoo-er.

She can start it up, get it going, steers it around boats, stumps, turtles, and the occasional downed water skier.

Her hands are still a little too small to sqeeze the throttle control to maximum -- which is a good thing. Generally she tends to keep it under 35 knots.

But the seadoo my in-laws own is a 90 horsepower model (my Civic has 85 hp!), and if C were on it alone, I doubt she'd be able to hang onto it at maximum speed (50 knots or so).

I'm not all that crazy about personal watercraft. Too much like riding a motorcycle for me -- no doors between you and the pavement/water. Heck, I'm not even that crazy about convertibles.

C, on the other hand, has stated on several occasions that "all cars should be like our Corvette where the top comes off."

No comments: